Here’s some random pictures on our weekend adventures to the city Bray outside the border of Dublin. It was a really really cold day! In fact, it snowed right after we took these pictures. That’s why we all look like eskimos because we wore four layers of clothes that day. We actually starting walking from Dun Laoghaire to Dalkey. Then took the train called the Dart to Bray.
There are a bunch of Catholic churches here so we stopped by when they were having their mass on Saturday.
I thought these washing basins are similar to the ones in King Soloman’s Tabernacle. Way cool!
The architecture of the churches are so neat! I can’t believe how old they are.
My little brother, Aaron, took these pictures using a Canon 28 mm f/1.8 lens. This lens does a really good job with doing the fuzzy background but having the subjects be in focus. We went up to Big Cottonwood Canyon on a Sunday afternoon to catch the fall colors.
Micah just turned 1 years old and we take a lot of pictures of him. Dallin and I like to take pictures of our family so we can make a book of remembrance every year. It’s a lot of work but every time we look at our past books, we are grateful we took the time and effort to put one together. The book isn’t extravagant or complicated but it’s just a simple book of pictures and memories from the year. We do this in addition to our personal journals and this blog.
For all those who are curious, I used Adobe Lightroom 3 and Adobe Photoshop CS5 to edit and enhance my pictures.
This is the biggest group I’ve ever done. I learned a few things…
- Photographers need to be assertive and have a loud voice.
- Don’t rush!
- Learn names so you can position people and get their attention. It works a lot better than “Hey you back there!”
- Don’t use a portrait lens for a group picture! Some of the pictures were out of focus because I forgot to change lens. 😦
- Kiddies get tired so take their pictures first.
- Bring benches and chairs for a nice effect. It’s all about the poses and props.
- If you can’t see me then I can’t see you! Find a window!
- Have fun!
- Take pictures after 4 pm.
- Pray for good weather (Overcast, no wind, and no rain)! If it’s sunny find shade!!