We’ve been making Christmas treats all week for our friends and neighbors. I found this recipe of Cinnamon-Sugar Candied Pecans. I made the pecans and fell in love with it!! It tasted just like it does those cinnamon pecans you see and smell at the mall. I wanted to look up a cinnamon sugared popcorn recipe online but I couldn’t find one I liked. So I tried using the pecan recipe but substituted it with popcorn. It worked out just fine. 🙂 Enjoy!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup popcorn kernels (~10 cups popped)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Butter a large cookie sheet.
- Put the popped popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites, water and vanilla extract. Add the sugar, cinnamon and salt to the egg mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the popcorn in the large bowl while mixing the popcorn with a wooden spoon. Continue stirring the popcorn until the popcorn is evenly coated with egg mixture.
- Place the popcorn on evenly spread on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring them every 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker Cinnamon-Sugared Pecans.
What other candies do you think you could make with this cinnamon-sugar mixture? 🙂