This picture is of a tomato basil cracker recipe. I cooked tomatoes in the oven for about an hour in 200 degrees F. Then I put the tomatoes in a liquid measure and filled it to 1 cup of water. I put it in the cracker recipe and sprinkled onion salt and basil on top. You have to play with this recipe and make some fun flavored crackers like garlic and parsley or taco seasoning. It’s a really good cracker recipe.
- 1 and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 and 1/2 cup white flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Pour in the vegetable oil and water; mix until just blended.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough as thin as possible – no thicker than 1/8 inch. Place dough on an ungreased baking sheet, and mark squares out with a knife. Prick each cracker with a fork a few times, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp and light brown. Baking time may be different depending on how thin your crackers are. When cool, remove from baking sheet, and separate into individual crackers.