This recipe is awesome. It’s cheap. It’s easy. You can feed a big family or have left overs for the whole week! It’s really toddler friendly too. Micah loved it. This is definitely a recipe I’ll use again.
- 8 people
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 pepper diced
- 1-2 celery stick diced
- 4 Tbs flour
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 beef bullion cubes
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups macaroni
- 2 cups frozen corn (or 1 can corn)
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Put 1 Tbs olive oil in a pot that is at least 4 quarts big. Turn heat to medium.
- Add onion and garlic cloves. Cook until onion is caramelized.
- Add 1 lb ground beef and cook till brown.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt and 2 Tbs brown sugar to pot. Mix well.
- Add diced pepper and celery to pot.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add flour to meat mixture and stir well. Cook for another minute.
- Add 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1 can crush tomatoes, 2 beef bullion cubes, 4 cups water, and 3 cups macaroni. Stir well.
- Turn heat to high. Wait until simmer. Stir frequently to make sure noodles don’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Once simmering turn heat down to medium low.
- Add corn and red kidney beans to pot.
- Put lid on pot and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Turn heat off and add grated cheese to pot. Stir until cheese is melted in.
Enjoy it while it’s hot!