Ok so I went to a bridal shower today and I was just truly inspired to cook again. Dallin and I have been trying recipes with low sugar. This is a great one!
- 350 degrees F
- 2 tbsp sugar (only so the dough would rise, substitute what you like… ie. Molasses)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup wheat flour (if you freshly grind up the wheat it’s even better!)
- 1/2 cup flax mill (take flax seed and put it through a wheat grinder or you can buy the flax mill)
- 3/4 cup white flour (+ a little extra to knead, use more wheat if you like!)
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 7/8 cup milk
- 1/4 olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter to spread (I used Country Crock spread)
- 1 apple chopped into tiny pieces (I used a hand chopper to do that)
- 3/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Make the dough, mix well water, milk, eggs, and olive oil.
- Then add sugar, salt, cinnamon, wheat flour, flax, and yeast.
- Knead and add extra flour until dough consistency.
- Let it rise for 1 .5 Hours, then knead again.
- Roll out dough as if you were making cinnamon rolls.
- Spread butter on dough.
- Mix the apple pieces, apple sauce, raisins, and cinnamon in a small bowl
- Spread apple mixture on the dough.
- Roll the dough as if you were making cinnamon rolls.
- Slice the dough and put in 9×12 casserole dish (Makes about 12 rolls)
- Bake @ 350 degree F for 40-45 minutes or until dough is set
- YUM… eat it while it’s warm! Add some honey if you want it sweeter but the taste is already great!