I’ve been always afraid to make veggie burgers because I don’t know how they would turn out. I thought it’d be hard and that it wouldn’t taste very good. Well today I succeeded in making a veggie burgers that both my husband and my toddler loved! This recipe is SUPER EASY and it taste super good! It’s not vegan because it contains eggs and cheese but it’s 100% meat free. However, we commented at dinner on how it smells like meat and even kinda taste like meat too.
- 9 patties
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained
- 1 can of butter beans, drained
- 1 can of red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup of fresh bread crumbs (That’s all they sell in Ireland… they don’t have the dry stuff. I bet the dry stuff work too or take some white bread and shred it up yourself.)
- 4 green onion, chopped into scallions
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella. I’m sure the more cheese you add the better it taste or you can cut back on the cheese if you’re trying to be healthy.)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Burger buns
- Burger condiments: lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, ketchup, mayo, ect.
- Put the beans in a strainer and rinse throughly. Make sure they are very dry after rising by using a paper towel.
- Mash the beans in a large mixing bowl using a potato masher until the beans are like mash potatoes. Some texture was fine. I couldn’t get all of the beans to mash.
- Add breadcrumbs, green onions, cilantro, egg, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well.
- Pre-heat a frying pan to medium heat. Add the olive oil into the frying pan.
- Divide bean mixture into 9 portions. Using clean hands, shape and press each portion into a chunky burger.
- Fry each burgers ~5 minutes on each side or until light golden brown. Cook it until the burger is cooked all the way through and piping hot.
- Put the hot burgers in a bun and add your favorite condiments!