Since my brother Aaron is a high school senior this year I thought it’d be fun to take some senior pictures. I remember how awful it was to pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars for senior pictures. I’ll take yours for free (space limited, first come first serve)! But for the sake that I spent so much money on my senior pictures and never used them… I’ll use them as examples in this blog post.
Here are the steps to get your senior pictures for free:
- Get group of preferably around 4-5 or more seniors who want individual senior or senior friends pictures.
- Think of a place in Salt Lake City/Sandy that you would want your pictures taken.
- Schedule a date with me to take your group’s senior pictures.
- Read my tips below before arriving at your photo shoot.
- Download your pictures individually for free on my website http://hubbard.smugmug.com/ or pay a $6.99 processing fee to download all the ORIGINAL pictures at once. I will give you all the rights to these pictures. You can also buy cheap prints on my website (no purchase necessary for the photo shoot. I don’t do photography to make a profit).
- Use your senior pictures in many ways!
Tips and Ideas for Senior Pictures:
- Do your senior pictures early! College applications, ACT/SAT, Football games, clubs, dances… ect. Your senior year gets very busy. Do them before school starts to be ahead of the game or at the beginning of the year.
- Bring props that represent you to your photoshoot!
- Don’t over pay for senior pictures. Save money for college! Don’t blow it off on senior pictures! Lifetouch and Josten will charge an arm and leg for pictures and graduation announcements. There are ways to do it for cheap. (By the way I didn’t get these pictures at Lifetouch… I spent even more on them by going to a professional. I don’t recommend it. You’ll be like $300 poorer by the end of it!)
- Make your own graduation announcement and put your own picture in it to save money. You can use sometime like Shutterfly to do this. **Warning: Make sure you own the rights to the picture before you do this. Most of the time professional photographers or Lifetouch don’t sell you the rights unless you buy the rights to each individual picture (which I did for these).
- You can use your senior picture along with your baby picture for the yearbook baby adds.
- Parents are welcomed to come and help or be in your senior pictures too!
- Make a small picture (2″ by 3″) insert for your yearbook and it’d look a lot nicer than the plain signature ones you get with Josten. Plus, it’d cost you only a few cents to make one. Use a round sticker to stick your picture in the yearbooks on yearbook signing day.
More Senior Picture Ideas on my Pinterest Board:
**Final Note: I will only take pictures of people in modest clothing. Sleeves must be on all shirts and dresses.