Happy Saint Valentines Day! Feb 14 is the day St. Valentine was martyr. His heart is apparently somewhere in Dublin (meaning that he’s buried here). He was killed because he was performing marriage ceremonies for soldiers and young coupled even though marriage was not allowed at the time. What a great reason to have a holiday!
We as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe that marriage between a man and a women is ordained of God. We believe that a man and a women can be married in the Holy Temples for time and all eternity.
For Valentine’s day, Micah and I decorated the bedroom to surprise daddy when he got home from work. Of course afterwards, I had to do a mini photo shoot for our guy:
I used to be afraid of being pregnant. Now I realized that there really isn’t anything to be afraid about. It was all in my head! Being pregnant is great! I have no complaints at all. It’s so funny being able to feel the little baby inside poking me. I’m almost six months a long and it’s been a wonderful and spiritual experience for me and my husband. The love that we feel from Heavenly Father and the baby can’t be expressed in words! There are so many blessing to having children. Dallin and I have felt the most love and the Spirit in our home as we prepare for this little child to come.
It’s not weird having a baby inside of me. It feel really normal actually. Seeing the baby in the ultrasound was one of the best experiences for me. He’s just so cute!
I know I’ve been blessed with a good pregnancy so far and I’m super grateful for that! I have to thank Heavenly Father and priesthood blessings for such an easy pregnancy. Other than some thyroid problems (which is easily fixable), I haven’t had any morning sickness and I’ve been able to go to school/work. I’ve been able to work out five times a week and I’ve kept a pretty healthy diet. I’ve been pretty much able to keep my previous lifestyle while being pregnant.
Let me tell you about the great perks about being pregnant:
- Food just tastes so much better! – I don’t even know why… I just think it’s because I have a bigger appetite and I get cravings for really delicious things like steak, hamburgers, ice cream, shakes, cheese, yogurt, fruits, and veggies… I used to feast on salads but now I just eat a big variety of foods.
- Maternity clothes are super comfortable! – No more worries about jeans being too tight. These stretchy pants are the way to go. It helps when the doctor wants me to gain a pound a week! The baby right now is gaining about half a pound a week so maternity clothes are highly recommended. 🙂
- You get to take naps! – For me, I had no excuses to take a nap during the day but now I have all the reason to take naps during the day. I only get tired when I’m out working all day but other than that I can make it from 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM most days.
- Love at Home – There has been an increase of love at home. The Family: A Proclamation to the World explains how a family can achieve greater love and joy by living the teachings and principles of Jesus Christ one which includes having children and bringing them into a loving home. You really do experience joy in your posterity.
- Becoming a Mother is Fulfilling – I have never felt as fulfilled in my life doing anything else than bearing this child. I know this is what I’m meant to do.
- A Lot of Blessings – Just like having faith and following all the other commandments of God, we receiving blessings for doing what God wants us to do and being obedient.
The list goes on. I’m so excited to see our little baby!