So I made up some blog goals for 2014 last January. How did I do?
- Goal: 25,000 Page Views — Reality: 20,307
- 10 new WordPress friends — Reality: 99 new WP friends!!
- May Bo post once a week (52 post) — Reality: 31 posts
- Dallin post once a month — Reality: 1 :)… YAY Dallin!
- Buy a domain name — YEP: www.hubbardscupboard2010.com
- 5 new LDS Temple tour pictures — Reality: 5 new temples!
- 1 new gospel centered photo shoot — Reality: None!
- 2 new creative ideas — Reality: 1 creative idea
- 3 new videos (1 music video) — Reality: 1 Music Video
- 3 new Family Home Evening Ideas — Reality: None!
- 2 new family adventures — Reality: At least 2
- 2 guest post on our blog — Reality: None!
- 3 new recipes — Reality: None!
4 out of 13 completed
8 out of 13 partially completed
4 out of 13 not completed
That’s not bad! I thought I would’ve done horrible since I spent 6 months recovering from a data disaster and most of the year figuring out what was making me sick. Then having two active little boys, this blog just wasn’t a priority!
SO ONE BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE READERS FOR BEING PART OF OUR FAMILY BLOG!
What’s in store for 2015? I guess you’ll have to wait and see.
One thing is that I’m not going to focus on is the numbers but on the individual people who read and comment. Numbers don’t matter as much as people.
I’m excited to get to know you guys better!
8 thoughts on “2014 Blog Recap”
I remember you mentioning your “data disaster” and also not feeling well in a couple of blog posts. It can be so frustrating to not feel well and not know what’s causing it or what to do about it. I hope you are doing better now! Were you able to recover your data? Good job on your goals in spite of everything! And, the “wordpress ward” is a great addition to what you’ve done with your own blog! So, thanks for the effort you’ve put into that. Hope you and your family have a great 2015!
Thank you! Yes I recovered 90% of the data. I’m so grateful to know you through blogging. 🙂
I’m really glad to know you through blogging too!
You hit all the big and most important elements. All the while setting up the Blog Ward, too! I say, seal 2014 up as a successful blogging year, full light and joy.
Thank you!!! I’m glad you’re part of the “ward”
I love your Gospel/family oriented blog, May Bo, and I’m looking forward to seeing more in the coming year! Wishing all the best for you and yours! 🙂