This week at institute we talked about the process of making olive oil and how that is a symbol of the atonement of Jesus Christ. I’ve heard this lesson multiple times.
It is finished; it is finished! The Lamb of God hath overcome and trodden the wine-press alone, even the wine-press of the fierceness of the wrath of Almighty God. D&C 88:106
What impressed me about this institute lesson this time around is that we talked about the different uses of olive oil.
- Food – Olive oil is used to eat to nourish your body. It contains monounsaturated fatty acids which is one of the healthier fats around (omega 9). 
- Light – Olive oil can be burned in a lamp to be used for light to see. 
- Healing – Olive oil is used for many different medicinal purposes. This is just to name a few: dry skin, gallstones, dandruff, make-up remover, diabetes… ect 
- Fixing things – Olive oil can be used for fixing things like: polishing, cleaning, things that are stuck… ect 
- Blessings – The priesthood uses pure olive oil to bless the sick and spiritually afflicted so olive oil can heal you spiritually too! 
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgivenhim. James 5:14 – 15
I was really impressed that olive oil is truly a symbol of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He can heal us spiritually, physically and temporally. Jesus also lights our way to help us see clearly in a fallen world. I’m so grateful for Jesus and His healing power. I would be so lost without His guidance, love and forgiveness.
What do you use olive oil for?!
One thought on “5 Uses for Olive Oil”
Very informative May Bo. Some stuff I knew, some stuff is new! 😀