I’m just being completely honest. I love General Conference so much but it is a lot different with little kids. My husband and I try so hard to pay attention but our kids are so distracting. To make things worst, Sunday afternoon session of General Conference is one of the hardest to stay awake. It’s the last session and it’s during nap time.
- Stand Up – If you start feeling sleepy, don’t lay down on the couch! Stand up. 🙂
- Ask Questions and Seek for Answers – This is one of the best ways to learn from the Holy Ghost. Have life questions written down before the session and seek for answers from the sermons.”Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you; for he that asketh, receiveth; and unto him that knocketh, it shall be opened.” -3 Nephi 27:29
- Healthy Snacks – After snacking on Muddy Buddies all morning, I think I need to find something more healthy so I can have more energy. Here are some healthy snack ideas from the Time Out for Women LDS Blog.
- Play a Game – Play an appropriate game with your family like General Conference Bingo or find other ideas online.
- Share Goodness – If it’s not too distracting, I like talking to my kids about what the speakers are saying and helping them understand in 2 and 4 year old terms. I also like to share with my husband thoughts and impressions that I get throughout the meeting. I know some people like to Twitter their thoughts during conference. There is a very active #LDSconf Twitter community. I guess we all just need to find out what works for us.
How do you stay awake and alert while watching general conference?!