I can’t believe Micah is now 18 months. Woot! He is old enough to go to Nursery at church now. How exciting! Now we just need a bunch of nursery aged kids to move into the branch so there can actually be a nursery. 🙂
At 18 months Micah likes:
- Lasagna, Ham Fried Rice, Pesto, Eggs, Sandwiches and Cold Cereal (He could live off of cereal)
- European Chocolate, Ice Cream, and Cheesecake
- Push Cars, Buggies and Trolleys (aka Shopping Cart in the USA)
- Knock on doors on our street like a missionary
- Chasing the seagulls and pigeons
- Go down the slide and be on the swing
- Conduct music in church and FHE
- Ipad (he’s a little obsessed)
- Gigglebellies and Other YouTube videos
- To read books (sometimes we have to read all his books before he goes to bed)
- To pray!
Micah can say:
- In English: Mama, Dad, Ball, Car, Dog, Baby, Whee!, No, Oh oh, Temple, Jesus, Ipad, Moo, Quack Quack, Oink Oink
- In Portuguese: Agua, Orar, Pexies
Micah can sign:
- Milk, Airplane, Teddy, Bus, Pray, Book, Spider, Telephone, Hello/Bye, “Yay!”
- Itsy Bitsy Spider
- Wheels on the Bus
- Popcorn Popping
- Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam
- Patty Cake
- Hop you Bunnies
- Do you Ears Hang Low
- This Little Piggy
- Head Shoulders Knees and Toes
- When You’re Happy and You Know It
Micah can point out:
- Bellybutton, Ears, Nose, Head, Shoulder, Knee, Fingers (he thinks his fingers bunnies), Toes (he thinks his toes are piggies)
Micah can follow instructions:
- Set the table
- Put groceries in the fridge
- Find his shoes, socks, and jacket
- Put laundry in the washer
- Put something in the trash
- Go wash your hands
- Go to the potty
- Go brush your teeth (He loves brushing his teeth!)
- Clean up
- Blow on the food, it’s hot
- It’s time to say “Bye Bye”
- It’s “Night Night” time
Micah can answer:
- Are you hungry?
- Do you want some juice?
- Are you tired?
- Do you want to take a bath? (In Chinese)
- Do you want some milk? (In Chinese)
Here is are the pictures I took of at 18 months photo shoot. I’m very please by how these pictures turned out!
Happy Saint Valentines Day! Feb 14 is the day St. Valentine was martyr. His heart is apparently somewhere in Dublin (meaning that he’s buried here). He was killed because he was performing marriage ceremonies for soldiers and young coupled even though marriage was not allowed at the time. What a great reason to have a holiday!
We as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believe that marriage between a man and a women is ordained of God. We believe that a man and a women can be married in the Holy Temples for time and all eternity.
For Valentine’s day, Micah and I decorated the bedroom to surprise daddy when he got home from work. Of course afterwards, I had to do a mini photo shoot for our guy:
Dallin went the whole year in 2012 without eating any sugar desserts. It was his new year resolution to be more healthy. Since we’re in Europe this year he decided to add sugar into his diet again… in small quantities of course! 🙂 We can’t deny that the chocolate and pastries here taste fantastic.
We dressed up Micah as a nerd this Halloween. He was so cute in his little suspenders and crayons in his pocket protector.
My little brother, Aaron, took these pictures using a Canon 28 mm f/1.8 lens. This lens does a really good job with doing the fuzzy background but having the subjects be in focus. We went up to Big Cottonwood Canyon on a Sunday afternoon to catch the fall colors.
Micah just turned 1 years old and we take a lot of pictures of him. Dallin and I like to take pictures of our family so we can make a book of remembrance every year. It’s a lot of work but every time we look at our past books, we are grateful we took the time and effort to put one together. The book isn’t extravagant or complicated but it’s just a simple book of pictures and memories from the year. We do this in addition to our personal journals and this blog.
For all those who are curious, I used Adobe Lightroom 3 and Adobe Photoshop CS5 to edit and enhance my pictures.
I did this photo shoot for my friend’s blog and her baby cardigan tutorial got over 1k hits on Pinterest in one day! Wow! Enjoy her tutorial and the pictures here.