This fireside was a really good message about morals. I recommend it! Elder Holland is one of the apostles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He testifies that there is a God and He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to atone for our sins. This video has a powerful message and many blessings.
Every year people ask us what we want for Christmas so we thought we could write a letter to the North Pole (or on a blog… haha) and you can let your elves know what’s on our list. Here are the things we want for Christmas and to make it easy for you we put them in their price range. 🙂
FREE to $1.00
- Christmas Card – We would love to hear from you this Christmas! Pictures would be nice too but completely optional! 🙂
- Facebook Post or Email – If a Christmas card is just too hard… no worries! We just want to hear from you!
- Text – No email? We’ll take a Merry Christmas text any time!
- Phone Call – Can you believe it? Talking on a phone… wow what a strange concept. 🙂 Yes we have a land line but you can call our cell if you like!
- Come Visit Us – We’ll be here all Christmas break!
- Read the Book of Mormon – If you tell us that you’ll read the Book of Mormon we’ll be ecstatic! Whether you’ve read it before or haven’t ever… this book changes our lives everyday and we know it will bring much peace and joy to yours too! We know the principles taught in the book are true. It’s free online or we can give you a copy. Seriously… this is the best gift you could ever give us! We would be so happy.
- Something Homemade – You can make us something!
- Home Video – Dallin & May Bo love watching funny home made videos!
- A Vote for Mitt Romney – This would be an awesome Christmas present for us!… Especially if you live in Iowa or knows someone who does!
- Soup Ladle – Ok if you insist on buying something… you can get this at the dollar store. We currently serve our soup with a wooden spoon. 🙂
- Baster – We bake a lot… don’t have a baster.
- Toys – Anything Micah can play with or put in his mouth!
- Your Child: What Every Parent Needs to Know – $3.95 used on Amazon.com (No need to buy a new one! Used is great!)
- Magic Trees of Mind: How to Nurture Your Child’s Intelligence, Creativity, and Healthy Emotions from Birth Through Adolescence – $3.73 used on Amazon.com (No need to buy a new one! Used is great!)
- Your Baby’s First Year: Week by Week – $2.76 used on Amazon.com (No need to buy a new one! Used is great!)
- Small Mouth Canning Lids – May Bo is starting to learn how to can.
- Frisbee – For Dallin to play with his friends.
- Garlic Press – May Bo spends lots of time dicing garlic by hand.
- Parenting with Love & Logic – $9.98 used on Amazon.com (No need to buy a new one! Used is great!)
- Dough Cutter – Something that looks like this where May Bo can scrap dough off of the counter.
- Kitchen Timer – We tend to burn our cookies…
- Tie – For Dallin… baby Micah spits up on his ties. HAHA!
- Biking Glove – Dallin lost one of his glove so if you have one laying around… all we need is one.
- Cooking With Food Storage Made Easy Cookbook – We always need ideas for cooking with food storage and we heard this was a great cook book.
- Carcassonne – Board game… buy this only if you can come play with us! 🙂
- Bang – Card game… we love playing games with our friends! 🙂
- Pandemic – Board game… super fun. Come play with us!
- Ticket to Ride – Board game… Can you tell we like to hang out with our friends?
- Development Toys – Anything for babies over 3 months.
- Restaurant Gift Cards – Dallin likes taking May Bo on dates.
- Good Parenting Books – We need help parenting Micah!
- Norelco 7865XL Shaver Blades – Dallin’s shaver is dull but it might be cheaper to just buy a new shaver.
- Camp Chairs – When we go camping… we sit on a log. 🙂
- Air Mattress – This would motivate May Bo to go camping with Dallin.
- Other Board Games – We currently have Monopoly, Mancala, and Cranium.
- Christmas Decor – We’re collecting for future Christmas. Used is fine! We also know that Christmas Decor goes on sale the day after Christmas. Belated Christmas presents are just fine!
- Christmas Ornament – We only have silver balls. Homemade ones are great!
- Mountain Bike Chain – Dallin’s broke and haven’t been able to ride his bike.
- Canning Supplies – Jars (we hear you can find these at the DI!), we have a starter kit but we don’t have a canner. Our neighbors let us borrow theirs.
- Sugar Free Desserts – Dallin is watching his sugar intake so anything that is made with Splenda, Stevia, or Agave would be a yummy treat for him!
- Any Book by an Apostle of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints – You could probably find this on your book self or find ideas on DeseretBook.com.
Way Too Expensive for Santa or His Elves but No One Said We Couldn’t Dream about it 🙂
- Ipad, or Motorola Xoom, or ASUS Eee Pad– This is purely a dream… “Life is but a dream” 🙂
- New Super Mario Brothers for Wii – Dallin just beat Super Mario Galaxy on the wii and a new video game would be great for stress relieving on Friday nights.
- Dance Dance Revolution II Bundle for Wii – May Bo loves DDR and is a dancing machine!
- Wii Fit Plus Bundle – We’ve borrowed our neighbor’s Wii board for months now. We should probably return it. We love our generous neighbors!
May Bo & Dallin & Micah
PS – We don’t know how Santa will coordinate with his elves but you can leave comments on this blog if you like! What do you want for Christmas?
PPS – Christmas is not just about gifts… it’s about celebrating and remembering the birth of the Savior, Jesus Christ. We give gifts to remind us of the greatest gift we already have which is the atonement of Jesus Christ. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16. We just really want to spend time with friends / family this Christmas. We love you!
Yes, we’re expecting and we’re excited It is honestly the happiest feeling ever! We can even describe the blessings and how much joy we feel each day! It’s overwhelming how happy we are. We found out today what we are having!
Do you think we’re having a boy or girl? We’ll give you a hint! It’s not both! 🙂
Watch the video and find out!
Surprise! Do you have a baby name suggestion?
Hello Friends, thanks for visiting our blog. It’s taken us a whole month but we are finally settled in our apartment and can start writing out thank you cards. We plan on keeping this blog updated with fun things that goes on in our lives.
We just want to say “Thanks” to all those who was part of our wedding day in anyway. We appreciate all the support for our marriage.
Just in case you missed out on the day… don’t worry! Our friend, Scott Jarvie at Jarvie Digital did an awesome job by capturing the entire day. To see images from the entire day just click on the wedding link in the menu or click on the links below to navigate to the page you want:
- At the Temple
- The Bridesmaid
- The Luncheon
- The Family
- Our Friends
- Reception Highlights
- Jarvie Lense
- Pre-wedding Bridals
Here are some quick highlights of the day: