This is us driving in Ireland! We didn’t die! Horray!
Tag Archives: Vacation
Top 11 of 2011
11. We went to Deseret Star Playhouse for Dallin’s Birthday
10. We planted our first garden plot and it produced vegetables!
9. We went to St. Louis, Missouri; Nauvoo, Illinois; Robinson, Illinois; Gary, Indiana and Chicago, Illinois to visit Grandma Hubbard and Aunt Sue!
8. We finally used all our gift cards to decorate our apartment on our first anniversary and went out to dinner at Macaroni Grill (using a gift card). Thanks everyone for the wonderful gift cards!
7. Dallin past his Phd qualifying exam before the baby came two days later!
6. May Bo had an internship programming for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (when she was really pregnant!).
5. We got to act as Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus in a Live Nativity at This is the Place Heritage Park.
4. Dallin got to baptize our friend Sana. Dallin also got to ordain Gary as a Teacher and Aaron as a Priest.
3. Our Friends/Neighbors – We loved having parties, BBQ, playing racquetball, working out, cooking, playing games, and having fun with our old/new friends!
2. Church Callings – We got to be ordinance workers at the Salt Lake Temple. We are currently ward missionaries. Also, Dallin has a calling in the Elder’s Quorum and May Bo has a calling in the Relief Society. Oh and we love home teaching and visiting teaching, of course!
1. Baby Micah was born and everything other good thing that came along with him!
Over the River and Through the Woods!
… to grandmother’s house we go! Dallin and I decided to visit Grandma Hubbard who lives in Robinson, Illinois with Uncle Ernie and Aunt Sue for our spring break.
Day 1: We flew into St. Louis and got a rental car. This is a nice zippy little Nissan that has super great gas mileage!
We saw the Mississippi River even though I thought it was a lake! First we had to grab something to eat. There were only bars in St. Louis… at least that’s what it seemed like but we found a Thai Restaurant. Dallin got something called a Tofu Lard Khing (http://www.senthaibistro.com/) it was the funniest dinner platter I’ve ever seen! It was a vegetarian dish.
I sat next to a medical student and a McDonald’s manager on the plane they both referred us to the City Museum (http://www.citymuseum.org/home.asp) in downtown St. Louis. It is basically a grownup playground. Dallin and I couldn’t believe it! It was the coolest museum ever. It was basically made out of junk and trash. They had a 10 story slide and Dallin convinced me to hike up to the top of the 10 stories… by the time I got up there I was too tired to walk back down so I decided to go down the slide. It was so big… Dallin and I spent 3.5 hours and only got through half the museum. It was one that you would definitely get lost in.